AFFORDABLE DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
A digital marketing strategy is a plan to structure marketing activity across all digital marketing channels to optimise performance
The reason most small businesses don’t have any kind of documented plans is because no-one provides an affordable digital marketing strategy service.
Online marketing activities performed on an ad hoc or when remembered basis will not help you achieve your business goals.
Why you need a digital marketing stratgey
It’s an old saying but very true – if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
A digital marketing strategy will help give you direction in your online activity, better understand your target customers, outperform your competitors and optimise what you’re doing.
The affordable digital marketing strategy process
How do you know where you’re going if you don’t know where you are?
Start with these key activities to define your opportunities
- Review your capabilities
- Understand current performance
- Identify customer profiles and journeys
- Research competitors
- Set objectives
Build awareness of your business, products and services to build traffic to your website or social media pages.
This is basically publishing and promoting your content on different channels to allow sharing.
Types of channels include
- Social media
- Paid advertising
- Display advertising
This is short for Interact and it’s where you want to encourage your potential customers to take action on your website or social media channel.
This area includes working on
- Creating campaigns and editorial calendars
- Setting up landing pages
- Personalising customer onboarding
- Writing content assets
Now is the time to move your contacts from being interested in your products or services to getting them to spend money!
You need to
- Review conversion funnels and paths to purchase (both online and offline)
- Review your channel interactions to increase revenue per visit
- Work on conversion rate optimisation
Develop a long term relationship with your first time buyers to build loyalty, increase repeat purchases and generate recommendations.
Areas to consider are
- Review customer satisfaction
- Create a customer engagement plan
- Start a customer onboarding process
- Ask for reviews/testimonials